I’ve not written about my Flylady journey for a while. So given that I’m now working hard to live on a budget, I decided it was time to revisit my Flying life on the blog. What I’m focusing on today is how to follow FlyLady on a budget.
What is FlyLady on a Budget?
Following FlyLady on a budget means you use the most cost-effective tools and products to get the job done. If you follow FlyLady in the UK, you’ll already know that buying the products on the site cost a fortune in shipping. And that’s not even including the insane customs prices.
By shopping around locally, you can find the best products to follow FlyLady on a budget.
Can FlyLady Save You Money?
One word – YES! There are so many ways that Flylady can save you plenty of money.
- You stop losing things! By decluttering, you can ensure you don’t need to replace lost items that you need.
- You only buy what you need in your grocery shop. Flylady advocates meal planning, so you’re sure to buy only what you need.
- You have all of your renewal dates to hand. You’ll keep an up to date diary, so you can shop around for better insurance offers every time renewals come around.
- You don’t need to pay for a cleaner! This is something I’ve been considering lately, but I’ve decided to stick with Flylady and do all of my cleaning myself.
How Can I Follow FlyLady on a Budget?
Fairly easily really. I’d avoid spending money on the various products. Yes, the testimonials are tempting – but shipping to the UK is super expensive, and you can get really good quality products much cheaper.
- Use Google Calendar rather than a printed version. You can sync it on your phone saving on the cost of a calendar and diary. You can also share it with family members so they also know what’s happening.
- Check out stores like Home Bargains or B&M for brilliant mops, cloths, and other cleaning products. Microfibre cloths are really great and cheap.
- Use your phone timer rather than buying one. There’s no need to get a standalone timer.
- Utilise the internet. There is so much free content out there!!!
- My own website has a summary of FlyLady in a nutshell. If you don’t want to buy the book you have everything you need there. You could also buy the book second hand from Amazon.