This week has been a lovely one. Lots of lovely things have happened. So let me share the most fabulous events of my week.
- I was gifted a gorgeous bottle of Pouilly-Fumé Sauvignon Blanc from a dear friend, as a thank-you for helping her declutter her home. I sat enjoying it with my husband whilst watching Deadpool on TV. We also used our Philips Hue smart lighting in movie mode for that true cinema experience.
- I finally cleared out the boys’ rooms. I decluttered both throughout, steamed the carpets, and used a home and fabric fragrance to make them smell fabulous! My eldest has a wax melt burner, so I used a Yankee wax melt in Baby Powder to give it that super sleepy child smell. The boys were so happy and slept wonderfully that night. Their rooms are very relaxing!
- I purchased a bottle of delicious Chilli and Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It’s perfect for delicious Mexican salads, the base of dips with a kick, and can also be used to make a divine spicy red pesto.
- The boys and I attended a UV Club Night for children. This fabulous event is brilliant for children to socialise, enjoy great music, and use up all of that energy dancing. Mocktails were available at the bar for kids and cocktails for the grown ups. Plus amazing canapes for both!
- I had my painful tooth removed finally! It’s been causing me pain since Christmas. After three months I can get it replaced with either a bridge or a dental implant. I’m now in recovery so having plenty of rest and pampering from my husband.
- The new series of Ru Paul’s Drag Race started. Featuring Lady Gaga!!!! I’m loving the new queens. No instant favourite yet (no queen will ever replace my all time favourite – Courtney Act) but all seem fun. Plus there is a new queen who will be revealed next week. I wonder if it’s Shangela?
- Husband bought me a gorgeous Diptyque Tubereuse scented candle as a get well soon gift after my tooth came out. It smells beautiful. My recovery days have been spent burning this candle with a rose-tinted lighting scheme in my living room – bliss.
- We went to an amazing Indian restaurant. I had a vegetable masala and hubby had a beef jalfrezi. The staff there we lovely and brought us lots of nibbles. We also drank Indian lagers and soda water. Heaven.
- I discovered Koast, an adorable children’s clothing store. The outfits available are fabulous and I plan to make a few purchases for the boys next week.
- Finally, I planned out my new kitchen! We’re going to expose the brick on the outside wall and paint the inner walls a gorgeous latte shade. Then we’re putting up shelves made from repurposed wood and stained a light brown. I’ll be keeping my coffee syrups and beans on the shelves as well as my cookery books. We’re also going to add more Philips Hue smart lights and mount an iPad to use as a control centre. I’m super excited to finally get started on this project.
What were the highlights of your own week? Let me know in the comments below!
Please follow and like us: